Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Melba's FFA Banquet

Monday night we attended Melba's FFA Banquet. They had a great guest speaker, Retired State Officer Jared Mumm & the Shurtleff Family Band performed. It was suppose to be a great night, but turned out to be so-so for Haley. There was also a "slave" auction & Aunt Alli bought Haley for 3 hrs. of work....sounds like fun to me..lol!
She did receive her 3rd year award & performed her last duties as Secretary. She had done an absolutely fabulous job, did above & beyond the call of "Secretary".....so then we waited anxiously for her new position to be called.... When I heard "Haley Brisbin - Reporter" my heart sank. I looked at her as she walked up, knowing she was going to cry if we made eye contact. I just turned to Val & mouthed to him that she was going to be so upset. When it was over, she came over to us in tears. She had applied for President & Vice-President. She was well qualified for the job, having done if for the person in charge for most of the year. Anything she was asked to do whether it was her position or not, she did it. No questions asked! I was pretty upset for her too, I know how hard she's worked.
Anyway, she's going to do her job to the best of her abilities - because Brisbin's don't ever quit! She'll have a great Senior year as cheer captain & hopefully use this as one of "life's lessons"!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: