Sunday, May 16, 2010

Aiden & Kelen - 2 & 1/2 weeks old!

Ok, so as you can see from Megan's smile, I think she was as excited as I was to see her dad holding Kelen. It totally brought tears to my eyes. To see this tough man so gently holding & looking so intently at his beautiful grandson made my heart melt...reminding me how much I love this man! He thoroughly enjoys his children, but is really looking forward to these beautiful grandchildren we have. I'm sure they will have lots of fishing trips & outdoor fun with Opa...!!! Kelen kept pulling his hand out, so Val took the opportunity to hold it...very sweet pictures! Kelen now weighs 3lb. 8oz. & has the PIC line out of his hand...so the only thing he's attached to is the feeding tube & the oxygen monitor...yeah progress!
Our little Aiden is now taking all feedings orally! YEAH! They took his feeding tube out, so now he drinks from a bottle for all feedings! He is doing so amazing. It's nice to see him without anything on his little sweet face! Ryan had just given Aiden a bottle & he was sacked out....except for that little eye that peeked at Grandma when my camera flashed....Love these guys! Aiden now weighs 4lb. 12oz....he's making great progress!
Megan is such a sweet, patient Mommy to these little angels! She must to be patient to have laid in a darn hospital bed for 10 weeks. Not many people could have done what she did with such a great attitude...!!! I just hope she can keep healthy from now on, so when she gets these little men home it will be a smooth transition...!!! Dylan was glad to get a chance to love Meggie when she handed Kelen over to Grandpa Val.....(I think Dylan likes to be his sisters "baby"....not jealous...just loves his sister!)

Anyway, we were all able to go into the NICU in Meridian, which was a nice change...Megan said they only had one other set of twins in there & that was it....so we all just hung out with these guys for over an hour...!!! I can't think of any better way to spend our Sunday afternoon....well, maybe it would be even better to have them home & have a family BBQ....I see lots & lots of those in our future this summer.!

Well, another week of school...then only part of the next week....we can do this! 7 & 1/2 days left....YIPPEE!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karmen said...

These pictures are SO precious! I hope they keep progressing just fine. I'll keep them in my prayers. So, so sweet!