Day 2 for our little angel babies. Aiden came off the CPAP machine & was breathing on his own! YEAH! Megan was able to hold little Kelen for over an hour today. She said they laid him on her chest (skin on skin) and he slept, making those sweet little baby noises. This grandma can't wait to hold her new grandsons & I know Val is just as anxious!
Dylan was so sweet yesterday, he cried because he was worried about his Sissy Meggie. He was a little grumpy he didn't get to see her or the babies. I told him that the babies were on lockdown in the NICU, but it would be over soon & we'd love them forever! He seemed okay with that, but we'll see.
My grandparents, (Verl & Roberta) were so excited to have twins in the family, that they called me tonight as I was headed over to see Megan & Ryan. My grandpa even got on the phone to tell me that when the babies are out of the hospital we needed to come by so he could give them some money to start a savings account. Hello??? Am I talking to my grandpa??? Wow, I was totally emotionally overwhelmed, so I just cried. I cried when I told Megan about it....I can't stop crying now. I just pray my grandpa lives to see them get released from the hospital. He has been diagnosed with cancer & now I'm worried he won't get to see them. I told both of them I would stop by tonight on my way home & show them the pictures I had developed.
Can I just say they both lit up when they saw those pictures. I gave them each their own copies of the pictures so they could both look at the boys. My grandpa just smiled & said they were darn good lookin' fellas. I couldn't agree more! Life gets busy & we take for granted those around us who love us. Grandma wants the boys to come over & play their fiddles, so that's what we'll do! No more excuses....Life is TOO short! My grandparents both look forward to seeing these babies & that's what we'll do! When I left my grandpa told me he loved me. He wrote a check for me to start that bank account for the boys & I promised to bring them over to see him. We will make good on that! It's amazing how the birth of two little miracles can cause such a great ripple!
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment