So as you can see....the kids Jordan is standing with are in his class, but most kids on this Optimist team are a head shorter. Some of the kids are in 4th grade because we had to do a combined team. This team is considered a "Freshman" team because the majority of kids are 4th graders.... so there is a weight limit of 115 with all your gear on. I never realized how heavy those pads are. They raise Jordan's weight at least 13 lbs...making him too heavy to be on this team.
They gave him the option to play up with a Nampa team that would be the correct age, but Jordan didn't want to play with kids he didn't know again....So instead of stressing our poor 10 year old out to loose a few lbs. & find lighter shoulder pads.... we are going to sign him up to play on the Melba Little League Football team with 5th & 6th graders from Melba.
The only drawback is that they will have to travel to Nyssa, Vale & Ontario on Saturday... while Dylan is playing at the Optimist Park in Nampa.... So Val & I are going to switch off going to each sons game.... Hopefully next year it will be different.
I have to brag about how proud Val & I have been of Jordan. He has so much confidence this year & we didn't want this stupid weight thing to break him down.... He's now super excited to play with more of his friends. He was actively tackling kids & it would take 3 of them to get him down. I hope he continues to get aggressive & has fun on his new team! Way to go Jordan!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment