We ventured over to the Elks Rehab Hospital on Sunday night to see Poppie. He is doing sooo much better, I can't even put it to words. He did share with us that he didn't remember anything from the ambulance ride or ICU...just the Telemetry Unit after he was released from ICU...that was weird because I thought we actually had a few small conversations.
It was very hard to have him about to have major heart/lung surgery to get rid of that damn blood clot...when he looked at his kids & says, "Don't fight among yourselves." Ok...so he is lucid right? Then he says, "If something goes wrong, you are all my witnesses...DNR, I don't want to be a vegematic." He's said that numerous times, so I totally thought he was with it... Now I find out, he doesn't remember any of it. He also told us that he felt himself slipping a couple times, actually dying & he was peaceful about it. He says he concentrated on being in the moment, working on breathing. Can you believe it? I know it was life & death during those 2 days, but it's really hard to hear it.
As I write this, I cry because I don't want to feel loss. I still miss my Grandma Ralls almost every day. I'm selfish & want my parents here forever! I am sooo very blessed that my Dad survived this & I hope to never take one moment with family for granted. This was our big wake up call & I'm going to pay attention! So thank you to everyone who prayed for our family & my Dad. Thank you God for your many blessings. Thank you Shelle for coming through with scripture for Alli, Megan & I...you are always there for me! Thank you Megan for coming over that terrible night & being with your family...you are my sister-by-heart & another daughter to Mom & Dad...! I love you all!
Enough of that...I'm interested to see who wins the fight between Keylee & Dad for that stuffed bear....as weak as he is right now, my money is on Keylee! I'll keep you posted!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
So glad to hear your Dad is doing so much better! What a horribly scary time. Our thoughts are with you all!
Thanks, Steph for posting. We're delighted Glenn is home and healing. We all need to take care of each other. All our love. Doris
Post a Comment