Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm not a virgin!

Now that I have your attention...I made my first trip couponing & can I just say....WHEW! Glad that's done! I spent almost $64.00, made 3 different transactions, forgot one group of coupons (but I made good on those later), asked the poor lady at the check out too many times to check $$$....got some Catalina coupons to apply to my other purchases...SAVED $62.22, so I think I did pretty good. Without coupons, my total would have been $125.60. Of course I had to grab a few extra items like the toilet paper & cookies. Cookies are for the book fair I have to work at tomorrow & the toilet paper is because I didn't get any from the really good deal...so it's to get us by until I can find a good deal!

I got: 28 Yoplait yogurts, 14 chicken breasts, a ham, 2 spaghetti sauces, 2 bagel bites, 2 Ore-Ida tater tots, 2 Special K bars, 2 Special K crackers, 2 2lb. blocks of Tillamook cheese, 3 cookie doughs & new Cinnabon cereal bars....Not Too Shabby!

So when I forgot to use my yogurt coupon, I decided to stop on my way home & use them while the Yoplait was still on sale. I also had a $2 off Catalina coupon. I grabbed 8 yogurts & after the coupons & Catalina $$, I spent $0.74.....SWEET!

Ok, I'm going to try to add some of the cool blogs I used to help figure out this stuff. I'll try not to be super boring with my couponing, but it's kind of fun!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erica said...

please share your methods!! i would love to save that much on grocery trips!

JMVolkers said...

You go girl!