Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Jordan - Our basketball star

Jordan is playing on a traveling basketball team & I am coaching him. It's been a learning experience for both of us. My little brother tried to remind me of the year I coached him & how much fun it was (we were undefeated & it had to be dumb luck on my part!).... well that was almost 20 years ago & I was a naive high school kid. Now the parents annoy me more than anything (well, just one parent), but I do know I love to coach the kids. They are like sponges (most of them) & ready to learn. Sometimes I feel like I'm herding cats, but hopefully they will come away with some fundamentals learned! We won our 1st game on Saturday (1-29-11)!

I know Jordan says he only played because he wanted to do something like I did, but I hope he learns to love the game as much as I did... if he doesn't, well, that's ok too. I told him I'd rather he be happy & really good at 1 or 2 sports than be mediocre at many. If the kid grows up to be 6'7" though, we'll have to rethink that! LOL!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: