So this is what I've been up to....well, with help from my Mom & Megan...we got these cute quilts finished for Aiden & Kelen. I really wanted to make the jean quilts, so I figured out the pattern I wanted & cut all the squares out. Then I sat & stared at them & wondered what the heck I was thinking....I've never done a patchwork quilt before.... Sure, I made some cute ones for Layla, but this was totally new to me. So I called Megan & asked her to help... I was going to have her teach me & work together on them, but I had so much other stuff to do, I just dumped them on her with the pattern I'd drawn out & she set to work. This girl is fast! I am going to work on another one soon & I will have her teach me this time....!!!! Mom helped me finish the other quilts for the boys. Some quilts were the same, just tied with different color yard...others were totally different...either way, these boys have blankets!!!
I kind of waited til the last minute for some reason with these blankets. It seemed the end of the school year was so crazy & with the extra trips to Boise to see Megan while she was in the hospital & then the babies...time just got away from me. I wanted to give her a nice shower, but it seemed every weekend was crazy busy too. I was very pleased with how everything turned out & thankful for everyone who helped us!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment