Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our exciting day....!

So I'm over at my parents loading up the trailer...we've just pulled out of the driveway to head around to our house & pick up the kids. Haley calls me a little panicked & says that Dylan's cut his leg & he's bleeding. Luckily Megan & JJ are there, so Megan takes control until I can get around the "block". I'm a little nervous, because if it wasn't a big cut or bleeding badly, she wouldn't have called. As Mom & I are driving up our road, she calls again...she says, "Megan thinks he needs stitches!" I say, "Quit calling me!" and promptly hung up on her. Well, I know that's not the best response, but I was already worried about my baby & that wasn't helping...so I barely let Mom park, jumped out of the car & run into the house. Megan comes carrying him into the family room & he has a band-aid on his thigh, over one area & the rest of his leg looks like a scratch...Huh? it just looked like he had a scratch.

Megan pulls Mom aside & says, "I put it together & the band-aid is holding it that way...but he needs stitches." I call Dr. Crump...we get right in there...well, it wasn't really bleeding the whole way over...the band-aid was holding it together & I'm thinking I'll get over to the doctor & he'll laugh at this scratch. When we get there & the nurse has Dylan pull the band-aid off, there's this one spot that is flayed open. Weird! It was the darndest thing! So Dr. Crump puts 5 stitches in & tells Dylan he can't get in the lake while we're in Cascade. Bummer for him...but he was a trooper....even though he kept asking Dr. Crump if he was going to hurt him...(Note: Dr. Crump is the best & has never, ever hurt him...I think Dylan was just really nervous!) What a story we have to tell!

Oh, by the way...this whole scratch was from a finishing nail sticking out of the upholstery of our couch in the kids room. Dylan had went to roll off the couch & caught the nail that had worked it's way out of the upholstery....(the couch is over 10 years old you know..!) Anyway, JJ found it & Val fixed it when he got home.

Dylan is the first Brisbin kid to have to get stitches....out of 6 kids....that's pretty good!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: