So, lately Jordan has been on this kick to help out....now, I'm not complaining, I just am amazed at 9 years old how mature & responsible he is....He's such a great kid! So yesterday he wanted to go home with Nanna after the trail ride & I could just tell he needed some alone time with her....he'd had an embarassing moment and needed to have some one-on-one with Grandma....so I picked him up about 4 hours later & his mood was definately better. He'd helped take care of Great Grandma....swept Nanna's kitchen....& done some other odds & ends for her. When we got home, he went to the front barrow pit with his dad & helped him rake & pull weeds...what a kid!
So then today he wanted to ride the bus home to Nanna's house. I let him, figureing he would do his homework & relax for a little while with her. Not the case....when he got there, she was working in the yard, so he decided he needed to help. She showed him once how to drive the 4-wheeler out to the field & dump grass...then he was on his way. He would load & dump the grass for her....& had a great time! So when Dylan & I got there to pick him up, he wasn't ready to go...so little brother decided he would help...(it looks like Cowboy & Asia helped too!)
Anyway, I love the young man our son is turning out to be....I just pray when he's 16, he'll still want to be so helpful! Funny thing is....they like to work at their grandma's houses much more than they like to work at home....Go figure!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment